Thursday 23 May 2013

The Turnip Thief...

I have finally started my first furry sculpture. Started it all last night. The only thing that has held me back from starting on it is basically finding nice glass eyes to work with. But I have been stupid and I had the answer right under my nose the whole time. I do have glass domes that were meant for jewellery making, but since I have stopped the jewellery making I have lots of material just laying around. I painted my own eyes with acrylic anyway and I put the eye into a bit of Sculpey Clay and chucked it in the oven to see if the paint would be able to withstand the heat. And it DID! So started creating straight away. And this is how far I've come. I need to head off to work now and it is my boyfriends birthday today so I will not be doing any more work on this little cutie today but I think it will be finished in not too long. I will document the progress through instagram and in here as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment