Monday 27 May 2013

My first Sculpture - The Turnip Thief

 This is my first EVER sculpture and I finished it two days ago. I am so happy with it and it has pushed me and an tested me on all levels. Not only that but it has given me a creative spark that is hard to describe. I think this is what I was always meant to do. It took me about a week to complete and I've been working on it more or less every day. I'm looking forward to making more of these in the future indeed, however it is very time consuming and not cheap but I don't care. I need to do more!

We decided to take him out for a photo shoot yesterday as I feel that this little creature is something special and need a special environment. The photos came out great and the Turnip Thief came alive in its forest surrounding. He also caught allot of peoples attention. One man came running up to my boyfriend with his camera ready shouting "Is it an OWL!" hahaha... I would love to hide in the forest and put this little fella down and watch peoples reactions for a day lol!

Here are the rest of the photos:
The Turnip Thief can be bought from our Etsy shop :) with FREE SHIPPING WORLD WIDE!

3 comments:

  1. That is absolutely adorable! You should be so proud, it looks amazing, honestly. Professionally amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing and oh so adorable!

    ReplyDelete